- Blue Ridge Marathon (Roanoke, VA): Could be the hilliest and yet the most scenic marathon in the area.
- Bulldog 5K (Charlotte, NC): This one will take place south of Charlotte and will benefit the Crisis Assistance Ministry.
- Cherry Blossom 5k Run/Walk (Cherryville, NC): This certified race takes place in scenic downtown Cherryville, NC, which is about halfway between Lincolnton and Shelby.
- CPCC Skyline Run (Charlotte, NC): The second race of this year's Run For Your Life Grand Prix Series and one of the most popular ones.
- Valle Crucis 15-Miler (Valle Crucis, NC): Part of the High Country Triple Crown series, it's a bit of a haul from Charlotte but worth it especially if you like running up (and eventually down )some very steep hills. Stop by the original Mast General Store for a five-cent cup of coffee (I can vouch for that) before the race.
- Marti Estes 5k (Mooresville, NC): Taking place in downtown Mooresville, this race is named in memory of local runner Marti Estes who passed away in 2005.
- Huntersville Triathlon (Huntersville, NC): This triathlon has been created due to the overwhelming popularity of the March triathlon and will also be held at the Huntersville Aquatic Center.
Davidson Area Running Team